What’s making the news work wise
- Unions fighting for the right to disconnect from work.
- Don’t have bare shoulders at work… Where to even start with this one?
- Harassment in the workplace. Examples of it happening, lots of talk about what to do to make it better. The PM finally responded to the Respect @ Work Report from last year. Progress?? Maybe…
- Remote working ..how to make it work in the long term… Microsoft’s 2021 Trend Survey says 70% of employees want some form of flexible working to stay..
- Corona virus .. Return to work.. Vaccinations.. Can you require an employee, can’t you? (Expect this to be on the list for some time to come as we flip flop around on the law and what it all means)..
Food for thought
- AFR’s article : What to do if your boss is a bully
- Interesting: The origins of words that have racist overtones
- Yes Yes YES!!! A brilliant sensible read: Workplace culture is the key to tackling sexual harassment in the workplace
On my Facebook page
- Linkedin adds “stay at home parent” as a title. What do you think? A gimmick or progress?
- Reading can rewire your brain. Finally, a scientific reason to spend the day reading on the couch!
- The “meta”moment.. Where you think before you speak..(something initially developed for kids, but perhaps useful for all of us I think!!)
In the media this month
The right to decide when we engage and connect with our employer sounds like an imminently reasonable thing, but is it that easy? Whilst the ACTU and public sector unions continue to push for the right to disconnect, employers say that’s not how the modern workplace operates. Meanwhile, employees are stuck in the middle of wanting to meet their employer’s needs whilst increasingly finding that the line between work and life is blurring. I spoke to JB at Triple M about the dilemma that is the modern working world.
Finally, after many months and much patience from my website designer, my website refresh is ready. I would love you to have a look.. Check it out here: https://www.tammytansley.com.au/
If the above has whetted your appetite, and you’re keen for more.. Here are some ideas:
Want to chat? Click here to get in touch.
Want some help in meeting your goals? Sign up to the permission to dream programme, by clicking here.
Want more to read? You can read any of the 300+ blog posts on this site, by clicking here.
See you soon,